Thursday, October 4, 2012

NYC Marathon!

I’m excited to be running the New York Marathon.  New York will be my 2nd marathon and I just completed my 5th half marathon on Sunday.  I feel healthy, strong and prepared for the challenge ahead.    Through my entry, I am sponsoring a worthy non-profit.  Back on my Feet uses running as a tool to help people who are homeless.  This program is successful in cities across America and I am proud to run on their behalf.  As you may know running has meant a great deal to me and I am grateful to be in a position to give back. 

My challenge is to raise $2,000 dollars by the end of the year and finish the race.  I have an entry into the marathon and a hotel for 2 nights on race weekend.  I thought it would be a fitting reward for someone who donates my behalf.  For every $50 you donate, you will earn a chance to stay at the Renaissance 57 Hotel for 2 nights, November 2nd and 3rd.  This beautiful hotel is just blocks from Central Park near the end of the race.  You are not obligated to watch me crawl to the finish.   The value of the room is approximately $1,000.  The lucky winner will be drawn 2 weeks prior to the race to accommodate travel arrangements. 

I have attached the link to my personal Active donation page.  If you’d rather donate with a check, make it out to BOFM and send it to me.

Thank you for your support,

Gia

Gia Drew
20 Stone Rd.
Kennebunkport, Me 04046
207-423-0580
 
Click links for more info and to pledge support

No comments:

Post a Comment